If you are in the Cypress area and free this Saturday, April 30th, you need to checkout the Fourth Annual Nature Fest at Bridgeland’s Oak Meadow Park from 10 AM to 5 PM!
From the Bridgeland site:
Nature Fest 2011 is sure to be one wild adventure! Activities this year include a food truck area with delicious cuisine and treats from Houston area vendors, The Amazing Duck Race, a petting zoo, pony rides, baby camel rides, train rides, inflatables, a rock wall, arts and crafts, nature-oriented classes, Houston Zoo Mobile, armadillo races, performances from Birds of Prey, The Drum Café, Houston Canine Frisbee Disc Club, live music from Rockit Bayou, outdoor laser tag, and much more!!!
- Stage performances from Birds of Prey, The Crocodile Encounter, Rockit Bayou and Drum Café
- Great American Duck Races
(Races will be conducted at 10:30, 11:30, 1:30, 3:30 and 4:30)
- Houston Zoo Mobile 12-4 PM
- Houston Canine Frisbee Disc Club 12 PM
- Concessions by Houston Area Food Trucks
- Outdoor Laser Tag
- Inflatables, Train Ride & Rock Wall
- Petting Zoo, Pony Rides & Baby Camel Rides
- Armadillo Races
- Face Painting, Balloon Artist & Caricature Artist
- Arts & Crafts Area
- Living History Treasure Hunt on the Cypress Creek Nature Trail
- Kayaking Classes at 11 AM and 1 PM from instructor Bruce Litton.
Free class and all equipment will be provided. For more information or to pre-reserve space, email email@example.com
- Fly-tying demonstrations at the Texas Flyer Fishers booth. Casting demo at 3:30.
- GardenLine host Randy Lemmon will speak at 12:00 on the tips of organic gardening. Visit Randy in his booth from 1-3 and ask him your gardening questions. He’ll also be selling and autographing his new book 1001 GardenLine Questions
- Tree Planting Demonstration by The Tree Truckers and Raffle of a 6” Live Oak (retail value $900)
- Bird Watching with the Katy Prairie Conservancy