I saw a few Tweets yesterday about this “Most Expensive House in the World” in Mumbai, India estimate to be worth over $1 Billion.
- 400,000 square feet
- Separate gyms for each family member in the 2-floor health centre
- Four floors of open air hanging gardens
- Three helipads
- Nine elevators
- A grand ballroom
- 35,000 square feet of living quarters for the family
Most Expensive House Currently For Sale in Houston?
So this got me thinking. What is the most expensive house currently for sale in Houston?
It turns out, for a mere $12 million, you can have a 11,336 sqft chateau in the museum district built in 1923. Features include:
- Listed in the National Register of Historic Places (I tried to verify this but did not find it in the NRHP database)
- 1.7 acres
- Original 1920s Lord & Burnham Greenhouse
- Extra parking for service vehicles
- 1000+ bottle wine vault
- Award winning pool and pool house
- Walking distance to Rice University, museums, Herman Park, the Houston Zoo! (MAP)
- Recently reduced from $14.5 million!
Most Expensive House in Cypress?
As for the Cypress area, the most expensive house is a little 8500 sqft place on 5 acres near the intersection of Cypress Rosehill and Huffmeister (MAP) built in 2005 that currently lists for $3.5 million. Features include:
- Basketball/tennis/volleyball sport court
- Pavilion w/outdoor kitchen w/hideaway TV & fireplace
- 2,000 sqft. guest house
** Side Note 1: This house is that it backs up to a subdivision called Cypress Ridge whose houses range from about $90k to $150k. Not a bad deal for those houses!
** Side note 2: Here is a pet-peeve of mine. This a listing for a $3.5 million house, and the REALTOR® does not have the time to add captions to his pictures? Tell me what I’m looking at!! It only takes a few minutes and shoppers definitely appreciate it!